Intermediate goods are also known as semi finished products; these goods are those which are used as input in the production of other goods or for making product saleable. Given below are some of the examples of intermediated goods –
- Bricks and cement used in the construction of house
- Steel used in production of cars
- Wood used in furniture like sofa, dining table and so on.
- Refrigerator and milk used by ice cream shop owner
- Glass used for making spectacles
- Vegetables used by restaurant owner
- Gold and silver used for making ornaments
- Cotton used for making clothes
As one can see same product can be semi finished for one and finished for other and hence one should be careful in classifying product as Intermediate or finished.